Requirements of Collaborating KAP Therapists

Every person struggling with mental health challenges deserves the opportunity for healing and transformation. Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (KAP) is a remarkably effective therapeutic modality.
I’m committed to helping widen the availability of KAP in Kentuckiana while upholding a standard of care both for my clients and for the community of therapists in the region. As such:
For a client to be considered for prescription of oral ketamine (troches, lozenges, or rapid dissolve tablets) to be used with an outside therapist, their therapist must meet the following requirements:
  • Licensure in Kentucky or Indiana (depending upon the state in which therapy will take place) in one of the following professions:
    • Social Work (LCSW),
    • Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT),
    • Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or
    • Clinical Psychology (PhD or PsyD).
  • Licensees must be current and in good standing with their respective state’s professional board with no active complaints filed against them. If the therapist is an associate, they must have documentation of supervision.
  • Provide proof of current malpractice insurance
  • Provide two professional references
  • Have completed training and have a certificate in Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy or Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy from one of the following programs (other trainings may be considered on a case-by-case basis):
    • CIIS Certificate of Psychedelic Assisted Therapies and Research Program
    • Polaris Insight Center KAP Training Modules 1-6
    • PRATI KAP Training
    • Journey Clinical’s KAP training (via Fluence)
    • Integrative Psychiatry Institute Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy (1 Year Program)
    • Onca’s Psychedelic Psychotherapy Training (3 year Program)
    • Fluence’s Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy program or KAP program
    • Sage Institute
    • Living Medicine Institute
  • Have had their own experiential ketamine session.
Scroll to Top